Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Post Holiday Stuffed To the Gills Blues

Where are you at today? Slaving for a sale? Spending time with the family? Wondering where the hell your resolve went when it came to all the food you ate yesterday? Depression sets in when you realize that you still have piles of leftovers in your refrigerators that will last you until the next round in a couple of weeks. Of course, I mean the Winter holiday of your choice. I don't want to discriminate here. I have my personal nightmare holiday where fun is crammed down your throat until you feel like screaming or withdrawing into your self that you long for the deep freeze that is January. I think it is more of the disease talking than anything at this moment. So, what I try to do to do to get out of the mental funk is to be of service to others. I have to get out of my rotten melon. When I go to Florida to visit family, I will plan on making a meal for everyone. I will have to give it some thought. Here are songs for Black Friday: Black Friday By Steely Dan and Black Friday Rule by Flogging Molly


Music for today:

The Dinosaurs
August 12, 1982
The Cotati Caberet
Cotati, CA
listen here

The Dinosaurs
November 21, 1982
The Cotati Cabaret
Cotati, CA
listen here

David Nelson Trio
January 6, 2009
Iron Springs Brewery
Fairfax, CA
listen here

Donna Jean and The Tricksters
listen here
I learned something new tonight. Yay for new stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment