Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In Search of the Elusive Job

As I head out into the sunshine of this fine Tuesday to meet with one of Employment councilors, I am reminded of the oldie that had graced the airwaves of the late 1950s. It is the group The Silhouettes doing the song "Get a Job." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hkJL6wRBE8 I know that I have putting a lot of press towards this topic, and it may just dominate it further. The economy makes it possible to get the things that I need. I have been getting by with the bear essentials and with help of family, but I would really like to make some headway over my disorder if it is at possible. So in the mean time, I found the perfect song that best describes my situation at this moment. It is by Steve Goodman. He is the man responsible for writing the classic "City of New Orleans" that was made famous by Arlo Guthrie. The song title is "The I Don't Know Where I'm Goin', But I Goin' Nowhere In a Hurry Blues." I first heard this song performed at a talent show while in high school. I was into folk and blues music while in high school, so this song was something could really grasp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiO7CLPHXek

I will finish up 10KLF 2006 and start into the meat of the hard drive.

Sting Cheese Incident
July 20, 2006
Main Stage 10,000 Lakes Festival Detroit Lakes, MN

Kimock/Perkins
July 20, 2006
10,000 Lakes Festival Detroit Lakes, MN

Umphrey's McGee
July 21, 2006
Field Stage 10,000 Lakes Festival Detroit Lakes, MN


No comments:

Post a Comment