Thursday, February 11, 2010

An Illness Not Worth Mentioning

I did something that I am not very proud of doing.  I went for a while without taking my morning medications.  I "thought" that things were going alright until just recently when I started to make some rather stupid decisions.  My leaving a particular forum was one of them.  The big purchase was another.  These things are not me in any way shape or form.  I say this illness is not worth mentioning because of the stigma attached to it.  If it was cancer or any other illness, people feel sympathy for that.  Mental Illness has none of that emotional appeal.  You probably feel that it is a something that I can get over by myself.  If I did what you wanted, I would wind up in an institution or dead.  These are my choices: get busy getting better or get busy dying.  All of this with little to none support. I do have help from the VA that I can rely on to assist me.  Maybe, it's just this particular day that is getting me down.

Yesterday, I saw the movie "American Werewolf in London." by John Landis (the director of Animal House).This was a labor of love for the film maker.  The music from the film features three versions of the same song, but they are done in very different ways.  The song is "Blue Moon." The first version is done by Bobby Vinton.  The next is Sam Cooke. The last version is by The Marcels.  What would a good werewolve movie be without Bad Moon Rising by CCR?  In the movie, the song Moondance is featured, but I can't seem to find the original.  This will have to do for now. Sorry.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
March 24, 1973
The Spectrum
Philadelphia, PA
listen here

Grateful Dead
March 26, 1973
Civic Center
Balitmore, MD
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment