Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Bridge

Last November when I started this project, I was not in my right mind.  I had a real bad thought go through my mind that could have been fatal.  It consisted of going out in a blaze of glory.  I was to go on the trip to great beyond.  My goal was San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.  The sense of being grandiose is something that I didn't think I had until this came along to bother my mind.  I had heard of a documentary that a film make had made about this phenomenon.  It is called The Bridge.  The fact that I have bipolar disorder is the key to all this misery.  Here is another that has this kind as well.  Yeah, I know I am beating a dead horse with all this morbid talk.  This is the "why" people don't like to deal with us.  This includes major religions as well.  We are the scourge of the world.  The hungry of the world can be fed, but the mentally ill will always be ill. There is no real cure.  Patients wears extremely thin when dealing with us.  How many telethons or major fundraisers have you ever heard of for the mentally Ill? Zero!  There are no major concerts scheduled anytime soon either.  I am not asking for vibes or prayers, because that would be asking too much of any one.  We are just on the edge.  It is like the old question that is asked often, "Am I threat to my self or others?"  At this point  the answer is "No." So it is onward and upward out of one abyss and on to the next.  The song that comes to mind is "China Doll."  Here are the annotated lyrics for the song.  The other song that comes to mind is one that actually helps through the bad times.  It is called "Stone Blue" by Foghat.  Then of course, we have the the quintessential song by The Beatles "Help."

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
May 8, 1977
Barton Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment