Monday, April 26, 2010

'Tis Darkest Before The Dawn

Having ventured into uncharted waters of life, it is a bitter pill to swallow alone.  I would like to claim for the record that besides the help that I get at the VA, my family and the part time job I am pretty much alone most of the time.  I thought about being a monk once, but I really couldn't get my head around a religion that doesn't want me.  I thought about friends in the self-help groups that I had belonged to for so many years, but all they were interested in was themselves.  Women wouldn't want a fat, jobless man, so why would they want me?  My health has gone south.  I am not happening nor am I hip.  I am just here counting time before it strikes midnight.  There was once a story about a guy who gets chased by a ferocious animal over a cliff to a waiting branch.  Below the man are a pile of razor sharp rocks.  This man is trapped between the rocks and the ferocious beast.  On the branch is the prettiest flower that he has ever seen. He scoots himself over and breathes in the wonderful aroma.  It is the best thing that he has ever smelled in his life. This is the perfect analogy of my life. The tunes that I would like to share can be seen through a different perspective.  The first is "Wish You Were Here."  The next is "Fearless."  At the end of the this song, the throng are singing a particular song "You Will Never Walk Alone";  here is the same song done with the full weight of the crowd behind it.  I just wish our crowds were that enthused at our football games.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
May 7, 1977
Boston Garden
Boston, MA
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment