Friday, April 16, 2010

Pirate Radio

I picked up the blue ray disc of Pirate Radio.  One of the reasons for this was for the extras.  I was not disappointed.  The deleted scenes could have easily have made the movie, but it would have been way too long.  I was very satisfied to the point that it made feel even better about this movie.  There was a scene that took place outside Apple Studios  that foreshadowed the great album cover of Abbey Road by The Beatles.  I also found out that the role Gavin Canavagh was played by Rhys Ifans.  You know him from the movie The Replacements.  He was the soccer playing place kicker that says this about himself, " I'm wiry."  Here are some songs from the soundtrack of the film.  The first comes from The Beach Boys "Wouldn't It Be Nice."  The next song in The Kinks doing "All Day And All Of The Night."  The next is Cream doing "I Feel Free."  We finish this up with The Who doing "I Can See For Miles."

Music for today:

Log Cabin Boys
November 23, 1986
The Log Cabin
San Anselmo, CA
This was The Grateful Dead's Thanksgiving dinner party.
Set 1:
d1t01 - Freight Train Boogie
d1t02 - Rosalie McFall
d1t03 - Glass Of Wine
d1t04 - Drifting Too Far From Shore
d1t05 - Devil In Disguise
d1t06 - Two Little Boys
d1t07 - Cold Jordon
d1t08 - I'll Follow My Darling

Set 2:
d1t09 - Drink Up And Go Home
d1t10 - Mystery Train/Six White Horses
d1t11 - In God's Grace Forever More
d1t12 - Diamond Joe
d1t13 - A Little At A Time
d2t01 - Swing Low Sweet Chariot
d2t02 - I'll Go Drifting With The Tide
d2t03 - Snow White Wings
d2t04 - On Top Of Crucifix Mountain
d2t05 - I Hear A Voice Calling
d2t06 - A Broken Heart ->
d2t07 - Please Come Home

Line Up:
Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals)
David Nelson (guitar, vocals)
Sandy Rothman (mandolin, banjo, guitar, vocals)
Dan Healy (guitar, vocals - does not play on last 4 or 5 songs)

This show was recently added to my collection, and I couldn't wait to hear it.  I would to thank Charlie Miller for making this show available.  Treasures like this are to enjoyed right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment