Saturday, April 17, 2010

Upcoming Shows

Our great state fair will host a couple of different artists this year.  I decided that I should really go see them.  They are Rush and Weird Al.  I will take my daughter to see Weird Al, and I bought a pair of tickets for Rush.  This will give me an opportunity to take someone with me.  I might met up with an old friend from school at the show.  I connected with  him on facebook today.  Here is a classic tune by Weird Al called "Albuquerque" part one, part two.  The Rush concert will feature them playing their album Moving Pictures.  Here are a few of tunes from that album. The first is "Witch Hunt."  The next song is "Vital Signs."  We will finish it up with "Red Barchetta"

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
April 16, 1978
Huntington Civic Center
Huntington, WV
listen here

Dark Star Orchestra
April 14, 2010
Mystic Theater
Petaluma, CA
listen here
This show is with Stu Allen.  Here is from Minnesota, and he has a local band called The Jones Gang that plays around the Twin Cities.  I have personally met the man, and he is the genuine article.  He is a very nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment