Sunday, April 18, 2010

Eric Clapton

I have much in common with this guy that is not so obvious.  He is famous; I am not.  He plays guitar; I only wish I could.  He's English; I'm Irish. So what can it be?  We have the same disease.  We are had problems with chemical addictions.  Yeah, your saying to your self, but how how can I possibly be like the Rock God?  I have found that a person's talent or occupation does not make the person.  This is a fallacy.  It is the things that we have in common that are the important stuff.  It is like surviving a great disaster.  The people that I have gone through it all know what it is like and can help others through it as well.  This is what Eric has done with the Crossroads Festival in Chicago.  It is to raise funds for his treatment center.  It is his way of giving back to the community as a whole.  Here are some great tunes from Eric Clapton over the years.  The first tune is with John Mayall & Blues Breakers "All Your Love."  The next is Cream with the song "Tales of Brave Ulysses."  Up next is Blind Faith with the song "Can't Find My Way Home."  The next song is by Derek and the Dominoes "Why Does Love Have to be So Sad."  The next is a solo recording that Eric did  of the Slow Hand "The Core."  Flash forward to the present time, Eric is resting on his laurels.  He just finished a tour with Jeff Beck.  Here is a video from one of the performances from February of 2010.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
June 17, 1976
Capitol Theater
Passaic, NJ
listen here

Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
Live From Madison Square Garden DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment