Monday, January 25, 2010

Life Cycle Of Popular Radio

Many years ago, I was an announcer on radio in Northern Minnesota.  When the time comes for my final demise, I can truely say that I did what I really wanted to do in life.  I just wish it would have lasted longer.  I bring this up because of a thought I had earlier about the topic of the "Song."  I try not to pick songs for this part because they are popular, rather because they fit the case.  Like a lawyer building a presenting a case then using evidence to support the discussion, this how I offer each day's fare to you all.  Take this song for example, It is done by a group called Reunion "Life Is A Rock But The Radio Rolled Me."  The next song celebrates the famed disc jockey Wolfman Jack "Clap For The Wolfman" by the group The Guess Who.  This next ditty is a one hit wonder, but it is very cool indeed, "Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out" By The Hombres.  The last is from the movie Billy Jack.  It is the tune "One Tin Soldier."  I say in the title life cyle of radio.  A huge blow came to the radio in 1981 with the advent of MTV.  The very first video that the aired was "Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
October 26, 1972
Music Hall
Cincinnati, OH
listen here

Grateful Dead
October 27, 1972
Veterans Memorial Auditorium
Columbus, OH
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment