Friday, January 29, 2010

Texas Trippin'

The shows that I am listening to now are the swing through Texas in 1972.  I need to write more about the music that I am listening to then the other things that are going in my life now that the football season has about ended. The other winter sports don't thrill me much.  There will be the Winter Olympics coming up in a few weeks and a month long movie festival to write about, but the focus need to be on the shows at hand.  The first one at Hofheinz Pavilion on 11/18/72 has the best Playing in the Band according to the late great Dick Latvala.  The next show at the same location has a very sweet transition of Dark Star>WRS Prelude (first ever)>Mississippi Half Step.  This is a combo that can't be beat.  I will write more on the rest of the shows as they come up this weekend.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
November 18, 1972
Hofheinz Pavilion
Houston, TX
listen here

Grateful Dead
November 19, 1972
Hofheinz Pavilion
Houston, TX
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment