Friday, February 5, 2010

Give In To Absolute Viewing Pleasure

I went shopping today and stimulated the economy.  I went ahead and got a 26 inch widescreen HDTV that I am using as a monitor.  I also bought a Blue-Ray player as well.  I didn't know movie to get first since I had  gotten most of the new releases already.  I loooked on the rack for new releases, and much to my surprise, there was the movie for me.  It is "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas" by Terry Gilliam. The first movie should have a lasting impact, and that one certainly has it.  I read the book years ago.  I remember waiting at a bus stop reading the book.  I forget which part it was that I found incredibly funny, but I burst out in laughter to the point where everyone took a step in the opposite direction from me.  They thought I had lost it or something.  It's sad when something dangerously humorous is taken completely out of context by an unsuspecting public.

Music for today:

Jethro Tull
January 21, 1972
Grugahalle
Essen, Germany

Old & In The Way
March 2, 1973
Record Plant
Sausalito, CA

Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders
March 7, 1973
Keystone
Berkeley, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment