Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day 2010

It's a cold one out there campers. For now on, I will be on repeat cycle until I get it right. By all accounts (this is of course set to the time line of the movie), I could in repeat mode for 300 years.  This blog could get kind of boring yet rather deep.  I can say or do anything.  I could murder the English lanuage and get away with it.  Tonight, I almost forgot of the big premiere of the final season of Lost.  It will be interesting to see what happens because of how they ended last year's season.  They exploded a hydrogen bomb to defuse a massive pocket of time-space energy that caused the plane crash in the very beginning of the show.  The fact that they were jumping through time and repeating the same day are not really that different.  The only things missing are four toed statues and talking dead people.

The 31 Days of Oscar continues on TCM February 3, 2010 with my picks: "The Public Enemy" (9:45  AM CT/ 10:45 AM ET); "Yankee Doodle Dandy" (11:15 AM CT/ 12:15 PM ET); and "The Jungle Book" (1:30 PM CT/ 2:30 PM ET).


For those interested in such things, the 82nd Academy Awards nominees have been posted.

Music for today: 

I am giving the Grateful Dead a break, because I am going to go do the entire year of 1973 upcoming.

The Hackensaw Boys
March 20, 2008
The Hideout
Chicago, IL
listen here

Jackie Greene
July 28, 2007
Weezner Ampitheater
Minnesota Zoo
Apple Valley, MN
listen here (not the same recording that I have)

Jackie Green
January 18, 2006
The Pageant
St. Louis, MO
listen here

Jackie Green
January 14, 2006
Wesley Center
Alamo, CA
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment