Monday, March 29, 2010

Plan B

I went in today to get the results of the MMPI.  When I wrote earlier on my taking it, I alluded that I have some problems in the sanity department.  With this test, I have had three in a row thrown out because they couldn't get a good read on me.  I failed the test by truthfully answering over 560+ questions.  This combined with the interview means that I am not a good candidate for the stomach bypass surgery.  I was also told that my symptoms that I have now could become much worse after the surgery.  It was this reason that made the most sense to me.  So, it is now time for Plan B.  I need to implement mindfullness in my eating habits.  Mindfullness  as practiced is part of DBT.  I know that most of the battle of the waist centers mainly in my mind.  I go to war with my self on daily basis. 

Tonight on  Turner Classic Movies, they are showing The Marx Brothers' A Night at the Opera.  Here is a classic scene from that movie. I needed that laugh.  I have heard say that laughter is a good medicine.  This reminds of The Firesign Theatre's classic story, "Nick Danger (part one) (part two) (part three)." When I was in high school, this was a big hit with many people in my class. 




Music for today:

Led Zeppelin
March 19, 1975
Pacific Coliseum
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Led Zeppelin
May 26, 1977
Capitol Center
Landover, MD

Artists: Various
Live From Berkeley CD
Performances from KPFA's Dead to the World
This was a thank-you gift for a contribution that I made during the KPFA's Grateful Dead marathon.  I receieved it in the mail today, and it was just the thing I needed to pick up my spirits after the news I had gotten earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment