Friday, April 2, 2010

Dan Wilson

Have you ever heard a song for a long time and really thought that you got the meaning of it? The song was very transparent and very obvious?  I thought I did until today when I learned the true meaning of the song "Closing Time" by Semisonic.  The first time that you hear it until someone tells you different it is a song about a bar and what happens when it closes.  This is actually wrong.  It is disguised as that, but that is not what the song is about at all.  I could explain the story, but I will let the author of the song tell the tale.  Here is a link to more information about Dan Wilson.  He was in another band before Semisonic called Trip Shakespeare.  If I need mention, he is from Minneapolis.  Yes, he is a homey.

Music for today:

Dan & Matt Wilson
March 27, 2010
Schubas Tavern
Chicago, IL

Led Zeppelin
February 12, 1975
Madison Square Garden
New York City, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment