Thursday, April 1, 2010

Remember The Photographer

Just recently, Jim Marshall passed away.  He was the iconic photographer that took some of the greatest shots of many stars from different styles of music.  On the radio program Dead to the World, David Gans plays a multi-part interview that he did with him from November 4, 1978.  These images set in motion the whole idea of rock and roll to many people, who like me, were too young to be there to experience it first hand.  To capture the attitude of the whole rock and roll scene, he had to be a bit of a maverick.  I offer this tune by Paul Simon: "Kodachrome."

Today is April Fool's Day.  WhenI was young, there was a message left for me. It said Mr. Fox at Como Park Zoo.  So like an idiot, I called the number and asked for Mr. Fox.  They didn't have any clue to what I was saying.  I looked up and saw my father laughing extemely hard.  I fell hard for the joke.  Years later when I was working at his grain elevator, I got him back.  The city where the elevator was located wanted to get rid of it.  So, I called him and said that they had placed dynamite throughout the building.  What should I do. "  Well.. Well.. Get out of there," he said.  I laughed at his reaction.  I got even with him.  Since then, I haven't done any pranks on anyone.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
April 1, 1980
Capitol Theatre
Passaic, NJ
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment