Saturday, April 3, 2010

Question Everything

.I have been and always will be a fan of The Who.  I like them not because of their popularity, but the raw energy that Peter Townsend and Keith Moon brought to the table.  When I was young, I was a troubled youth in search of something that would point me in the right direction.  I found the album The Kids are Alright, and I was blown away.  When I hear the song "Who Are You",  I don't take it as a catchy little theme song.  When I was two years old, I would point at everthing and say "What's that?"  I am a natural born questioner.  Question authority? Damn straight.  It keeps people accountable, otherwise we can slip between the cracks and disappear.  The worst is taking over without question, which I see our government doing with leaps and bounds.  In the song "Won't Get Fooled Again",  Pete Townsend takes more of a conservative bent towards change, and the lyrics "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" would mean that the more things change the more they stay the same.  I believe this was due his encounter with Abby Hoffman at Woodstock during The Who's performance (look under Tommy).  Here is a great article concerning the relationship between The Who and The Grateful Dead which I found very enlightening.

Alll in all, it comes down to the only thing that I every learned from our former President Reagan, and he got it from the Russians: it is a Russian proverb, "Trust, but verify."

Music for today:

Bare Naked Ladies
July 31, 1998
PNC Bank Center
Holmdel, NJ
They were part of HORDE FEST.

Flogging Molly
Live at the Greek Theater CD
Much to my surprize, I found out that they are going to be playing at Frist Ave in a few weeks.  I am going to take my daughter to the show.  More about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment