Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Plot Thickens

I found a piece of information today about someone of power in my life.  It explains alot of why they act they way they do.  It also ties into a part of my past that I thought was neatly tucked away.  It is what you get when you cross a career person with someone who did the minimum.  It is a clash of ideals.  Since I see this person often, I have to play nice.  The tunes for today's theme of controlled rebellion is inspired by Bob Dylan.  The first is section from the film I'm Not There featuring the song "Ballad of a Thin Man."  The next comes from the same movie.  It is "Going to Acapulco."   The song  "Tangled Up in Blue" has the most obscure line about a 13th Century Italian Poet.  Which one is it?  Here is some discussion on the topic.  Another classic from Blood on the Tracks is the song "Shelter from the Storm."   Two great songs to get this to a close are: "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" ; and "The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)."


Music for today:

Grateful Dead
December 2, 1973
Boston Music Hall
Boston, MA
listen here
This is the audience recording.  Part of the soundboard was released as Dick's Picks 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment