Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Milestone

Today is a huge milestone for my family.  My father turns 73 which may not seem to be a big to many of you, but the life expectancy in our family for the males was under 73.  Every day my father lives is more than any male has ever done.  He talked to his youngest brother, and he gave my dad the following advice, "Just wake up in the morning, that's all you gotta do."  My hat's off to my dad.

Today is also special in that we secured our MVP catcher Joe Mauer to a long term contract.  He will be with the team for another 8 years. Here are the particulars about his contract.  So in his honor, I offer the following tune in congratulations: "Centerfield."

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
December 4, 1973
Cincinnati Gardens
Cincinnati, OH
It was released as the bonus disc for the Winterland '73 box set.  There was the second set on that disc.  Chalie Miller rematered the complete show.  That was the recording that I listened to this afternoon.

Grateful Dead
December 6, 1973
Cleveland Convention Center
Cleveland, OH
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment