Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Something Off My Mind

I have had the following thought nag on me for over thirty years.  It was about a book I read in freshman English class.  The only thing that I remembered about it was that it had these kids stranded in a building with nothing but flights of stairs.  So, I looked it up just now, and voila, there it is.  The name of the book is House of Stairs.  It is amazing the shit that I have rattling up in my brain.  It is damn scary sometimes.

Now it is on to tamer subjects, I heard talk today of a song that one Jerry Garcia might have played on as a teenager.  the song is "Do You Wanna Dance" by Bobby Freeman.  Here is some discussion as to whether or not this was the case.  I heard the live broadcast of this song on New Year's Eve while I was at a big sober get together at the old Minneapolis Convention Center.  They tore it down and replaced it with an ultramodern one.  The old one was extremely old.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
June 29, 1976
Auditorium Theater
Chicago, IL
listen here

Grateful Dead
July 18, 1976
Orpheum Theatre
San Francisco, CA
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment