Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jerry's Birthday/Back For More

Today is the anniversary of  the birth of Jerome John Garcia better known as Jerry Garcia. His legacy as the leader and lead guitarist of the Grateful Dead established them as the cornerstone of Hippie counterculture in San Francisco in the 1960's.  From party band to record setting band, the Grateful Dead had come one of the most attended concerts.  After his death, the band's music still finds new fans.  The remaining members still perform to sellout crowds.    Jerry Garcia found massive success before he passed away, but as success does has a way to put a schism between his remaining family members.  Jerry's ex wives had to go to court and drag his name through the courts to settle his estate since he didn't leave a will.  I still listen to all the incarnations of Jerry's music from the bluegrass, R&B, Bob Dylan covers, and of course the Grateful Dead.


I had a falling out with some people over a personal matter.  It cut straight to the bone.  I had to step back and take stock of what was important in my life.  I was very fortunate that I didn't have to spend  any time in places where is not fit for man nor beast.  I did however avail myself the useful tool of Facebook.  I have actually had great success with it, and I plan on continuing with this.



Music for today:

Grateful Dead
 May 18, 1977
Fox Theatre
Atlanta, GA
listen here 

Rhythm Devils
July 23. 2010
Howelsen Hill
Steamboat Springs, CO
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment