Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Remember Those That Are Serving Our Country This Holiday Season

I was reminded today of a Christmas many years ago when I was overseas and far from home. I was stationed in West Germany with an Ambulance Company just outside of Nurnberg. I was able to call home Christmas Day and speak with my family to wish them personally a very Merry Christmas. I think of all the men and women who are stationed so far away from their families this holiday season, and I wonder how they must feel. Having been in their boots, I have a pretty good idea. So take a little time to think about all of these people this holiday season. This is not about politics nor religion, but the closeness that we have as fellow country men and women.

Music for today:

John Fogarty w/ Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, and Clarence Clemmons
May 27, 1989
Oakland Colisum
Oakland, CA
listen here (put in Garcia in Search engine - towards end of list)

Los Lobos
July 31, 1988
Laguna Seca Recreation Area
Monterrey, CA
listen here ( put Los Lobos in Search engine)

Maria Muldaur
July 21, 1974
Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles, CA
listen here (put Maria Muldaur in Search Engine)

No comments:

Post a Comment