Thursday, February 25, 2010

Close Ties to the Winter Olympics

When the Winter Olympics started, I did an all Canada salute to the games at the beginning of the opening ceremonies.  One of the videos that I had chosen was "If I Had A Million Dollars" by The Bare Naked Ladies.  It has the Canadian Women's Olympic Hockey team joining them on stage.  They won the gold in the game against the U.S. team tonight.  I offer that video in honor of their victory. 

The men's hockey semifinal is tomorrow.  I found out that friends of my parents have a grandson on the squad for the the U.S.A. I believe the guy is Erik Johnson.  He is an alumni of my high school. Good luck to them as they go for the gold.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
September 7, 1973
Nassau Coliseum
Uniondale, NY
listen here

Grateful Dead
September 8, 1973
Nassau Coliseum
Uniondale, NY
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment