Saturday, February 27, 2010

Short Films

There is a category at the Oscars for Short Films Live Action and Animated.  I had seen these awards given out for many years, but i have never once seen any of the nominated films.  That was until today.  Our local art house cinema was showing these flims as seperate: one was for live action, and the other for animation.  I had to say that all of the films were fantastic.  My favorite for Animation are: "Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty" (It's an Irish telling of the classic tale.  It is very funny); and "Logorama" (It's from France).

The Live Action films were great.  Three out of five are strong contenders for this award.  The movies "The Door", "Kavi" and "The New Tenants" are very strong in this field.  The film "Miracle Fish: has an ending that is too shocking, and I feel that most of the voting block would turn away from it. 

Overall, I very please that I did this. I can't believe that it took this long to enjoy this part of the Oscar celebartion.  So when Sunday rools around and thay make the announcement for these films, I can say that I know what they are talking about for once.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
September 17, 1973
Onondaga County War Memorial
Syracuse, NY
listen here

1 comment:

  1. Logorama was so twisted, yet funny. I should show it to my teacher who showed us Supersize Me, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete