Thursday, March 4, 2010

FYI, Post Meeting With Her

I was a little harsh yesterday in my assesment of the person who is going to help me lose weight.  Yeah, it's a suck ass job with little reward, but someone has to do it.  What  kinds of major changes am I looking until the surgery?  A big one is that I have to lose weight so that they can do the operation.  I have to have my liver pliable so that they can move it out of the way.  It's a little housekeeping thing for the surgery.  I can't have any carbonated drinks until maybe six monthes after the surgery.  For the folks on the East Coast, this is soda, and for the midwest folks, it is pop.  For me, it is plain flavored water. :(  I would drink diet soda, but my kidneys can't  handle it.  The other big thing is whole grains.  The last thing is I have to chew my food until it is like apple sauce.  A meal is no longer a quick thing.  I have been known to literally inhale food without chewing. It has to be a practical exercise of mindful eating.  I have a therapist that I will be working with to help me through these issues. I will have to increase my intake of fruits and veggies.  It reminds me of this song, "Deportees."

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
October 27, 1973
State Fair Coliseum
Indianapolis, IN
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment