Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Classic Crime Film from 1932

When the salute to Oscar was happening on TCM last month, I managed to recorded a most excellent film. You would think form the title that it would not be so, but it was nominated for best picture.  The film was "I am a fugitive from a Chain Gang."   Out of all the crime dramas I have ever seen, this movie is by far the best of the lot.  It has also the greatest ending as well.  Here is the trailer for it.  So to honor this movie, I have found some suitable songs that fit the occasion quite well.  The first one is  Sam Cooke doing "Chain Gang."  The next song is by The Pretenders doing "Back on the Chain Gang."  I found another song that flows in the same vein, but when I hear it, it should really go out the the families and friends of the coal mine disaster in West Virginia.  It is "Working in a Coal Mine" by Lee Dorsey.

Music for today:

 Blueground Undergrass
September 25, 2008
Smith's Olde Bar
Atlanta, GA
listen here  (put the name of the band in the search engine and look for date)

No comments:

Post a Comment