Friday, April 9, 2010

Violent Femmes

I have been doing some cleaning today, and I found a CD laying in a pile of stuff.  I happens to be by the band Violent Femmes.  They are originally from Milwaukee, WI which is the land of motorcycles, beer and "folk-punk."  One of my favorite websites is offering some live shows which I am taking downloading.  Here are some great tunes by this band that had the opportunity at one time to open for the Grateful Dead.  The first is "Blister in the Sun."  The next is "Gone Daddy Gone."  This is some of the music that was real big when I was younger.  I would go to parties, and these would be played all the time.  This next song is a pivotal one for me back in the day.  It says it all: "Add It Up."

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
September 11, 1974
Alexandra Palace
London, England
listen here (not same recording that I have)

Yes
MusikLaden Live
German TV program
DVD
This is a short DVD originally broadcast in 1969 and 1971.  This is great early Yes.  I got it as a Christmas gift years ago, and I finally watched it.

The Last Waltz
Blue-Ray disc

No comments:

Post a Comment