Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Eight: Happy Veterans Day and Revised Plan

Happy Veterans Day everyone. Putting politics aside, it is right to thank all the veterans that gave of themselves in defense of this great nation. I am also a vet having served during peacetime in the mid-1980s. I salute all the branches of our Armed Forces in the job that that do. My heart goes to all those killed in the Ft. Hood massacre. I know that politics persuades how we view the world and what kinds of actions that we play in it, but it is the men and women of the Armed forces that put volunteer to put themselves in harms way whichever the pendulum of the political parties swings. Go Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines (Happy 234 Birthday), and Coast Guard.
I revised the the plan. I realized as I was climbing into bed that 10/12/68 was just starting up. What a magnificent piece of work this show is. I just about let it slipped by while I slumbered. So I stopped the player and restarted it up for an afternoon finish. I am gearing up though for the first ever Marathon beginning tonight and culminating with the end of the world. I plan of going out see the new disaster from Roland Emmerich called 2012. I heard that this will be his last of this genre. It is hard to top the destruction of the world. More on the End of the World Marathon later. We're running full tilt into the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment