Monday, November 9, 2009

Day Six: Late Night Sounds

As the holidays approach, I am always reminded of spending time with the ones I love. I maybe headed to the sunny confines of Florida for the Christmas and New Year's holidays. Just because I will in travel mode, this does mean that this project will be put on hold. I have hard drives for my laptop that are crammed full with goodness that is aching to get played. Thanksgiving maybe a problem, but the rest of that weekend will be a marathon.

I am also getting in the mood for shopping for Christmas. I missed a record shop in Dublin, Ireland that I wanted to check out, but much to good fortune, they have a thriving mail order business going. Traditional Irish Music is going to someones gift this year. www.claddaghrecords.com/ I also have to put together some artwork for a major project that I did last year. I am giving a six disc set of music taken from the first four seasons of SNL. I think that the best way to give a gift is to buy what they want, not what you think they want. But when you put together a project that contains music, it should have continuous theme that make sense. The transitions from song to song should have a harmonious flow. You could have a theme transitions that go from one extreme to the next which I have done. I does sound pretty jumbled and awkward, but it will leave your listeners guessing as to what is to come next.

Late night listening is:

Rick Danko 1989-12-01 Cayuga Community College Auburn, NY Source: unknown mics > unknown tape deck > MAC > ? > CDR > EAC (secure mode) > WaveLab 5.0 > CD Wave Editor > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC16.
Set I:
d1t01 Mystery Train d1t02 Twilight d1t03 Walkin' Blues (Volmer) d1t04 It Makes No Difference d1t05 The Jealous Kind d1t06 Chain Gang d1t07 Stage Fright d1t08 Crazy Mama d1t09 Little Red Rooster (Volmer) d1t10 The Weight d1t11 Empty Bottles d1t12 Keep On The Sunny Side d1t13 Spoonful *

David Byrne Bonnaroo, What Stage Manchester, TN 2004-06-13
Source: DPA 4011's > Sound Devices MP-2 > Graham Patten ADC-20 > Sony D8
Disc 1-
01 "Intro"02 Road To Nowhere 03 The Great Intoxication 04 Finite = Alright 05 The Other Side Of This Life 06 I Zimbra 07 This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) 08 And She Was 09 Once In A Lifetime 10 Un Di Felice, Eterea 11 Ausencia
-Disc 2-
01 Tiny Apocalypse 02 Psycho Killer 03 U.B. Jesus 04 Like Humans Do 05 Dialog Box 06 What A Day That Was 07 Blind 08 Desconocido Soy 09 Life During Wartime

No comments:

Post a Comment