Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day Five: Lazy Sunday

With my football team having a the day off this week, an opportuity came my way that is just what the doctor the ordered. I have been treated for my disorders at the local VA hospital on account of my being vet. I served my time duirng peacetime as a medic. At McCormick & Schmick, they are honor Vets today by offering free entrees. A real good dinner is something I need. Later today, the plan is watch some football and clean my apartment.

The tunes this morning:
Boz Scaggs At The Roxy W.Hollywood, CA 1976-04-07"The Live Silk Degrees" with soon-to-be Toto backup band! Great Soundboard. A killer groove! mp3 sample and artwork included
This concert was recorded with the all-star band which soon left to become Toto. It is an astounding soundboard, and perhaps the best recording ever to come from TAKRL. You will not believe this show came from vinyl! It is close to perfect in every way. And, after 2 1/2 years on the tracker and 1200 snatches, it's finally time for a fresh seed.
To make it even better, they are performing songs from the "Silk Degrees" album. As good as that album is, this show leaves that album in the dust. Boz and the band were clearly loving the attention and it shows in the attention they gave to making this as perfect an event as could be.
The "Silk Degrees" album invaded the charts, and just hung there for weeks and weeks. The music just makes you feel good.
Although this LP would be later known as "Jump Street Jive Drive", my copy is an advance pressing with a totally different insert. Printed on blue paper, it has a collage of Playboy cartoons. It just says "only good Boz songs" on the insert. The pressing was probably better also, which is why it sounded so quiet.
Throw this on, take your shoes off, and shaakee it, baybe! (I did not write the privious passage.)Setlist:
Lowdown You Make It So Hard What Can I Say Might Have To Cry Jump Street Slow Dancer It's Over Lido Shuffle Dinah Flo Band Intros I Got Your Number
Lineage: TAKRL 1964 ->Layla 3G ->Soundforge 6.0 ->light brushing with Click and Crackle removal tool ->"Dead Space" noise reduction
Enjoy!

Burnside Exploration2008-07-04North Mississippi Hill Country PicnicPotts Camp, MS
Source: AKG 391 (DIN) > oade HD mod FR2LE @24/48Location: DFC/FOB @ 12'Transfer: CF Card>USB>Wavelab5.01b(eq/resample/dither)>CDWave>FLACTaper: cmdawg
Luther Dickinson-guitar/vocalsCody Dickinson-drumsJim Dickinson-keysGarry Burnside-bass
01. Intro 02. Going Down South 03. Feels So Bad 04. What's Wrong With You 05. Hear My Train A Comin '06. Shake (What Yo Mama Gave You) 07. Stay 08. Keep The Devil Down 09. Po Black Maddie>Skinny Woman>Station Blues> 10. Shake 'Em On Down 11. stage banter12. 13. Alice Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment