Saturday, November 14, 2009

Live/Dead

Many years ago, I had friend named Tim that brought some other guys over to my house to hang out. These guys I knew from a meeting with both attended, but they were not into the music of the Grateful Dead. They were self-confessed Metel Heads. They loved the music of Metellica. Tim's idea was to turn them on to other music and see what happens. We warmed them up with Passion, Grace & Fire by John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola and Paco de Lucía. they couldn't believe that jazz guitars could be played that fast. Then it was Terrapin Station By the Grateful Dead off of the ablum of the same name. We played for them Live/Dead. This just blew them apart. By the time Dark Star was over, they were asking me if I had any crayons and paper. They got a sudden urge to be creative. They were totally digging it. This from Metal-Heads. Now the kicker. This was all done while being sober. The magic of the music can move people.

No comments:

Post a Comment