Friday, November 6, 2009

Day Three: 1966 Baptism of Fire complete

Plunging into the recesses of my Hard Drive to start this shindig, I am now finishing up with 1966 Grateful Dead. What a way to break the hold that depression has on me. Let me tell you a little about without bringing you down ( ala Don't Bring Me Down (The Decca Years) (Vinyl)
By: The Animals (Artist) ). I am job hunting with the help of several people. I apply for many jobs through out the week. But on a day to day basis, just getting out of bed is challange. Having this as is a not just a project but almost a pilgramage some where. Where I am going with it is yet determined. It is just important to drag my bones out of bed and face the day.

In between the music and the stuff I need to do at my home while the music is playing, I may go out and face the day and go see a movie. I don't know if you'v noticed that a mojority of the holiday releases are rather short. There are no huge blockbusters yet. But ponder these titles The Box and The Men Who Stare at Goats. I am just saying that she pushes her button in her box somebody dies: don't you think they should have called it Fatal Attraction II? It is no wonder that the men stare at goats.

Now to the music:

The Grateful Dead The Matrix San Francisco, CA November 29th, 1966 http://www.archive.org/details/gd66-11-29.sbd.ret.20448.sbeok.shnf

Grateful Dead 12/01/66 The Matrix San Francisco, CA http://www.archive.org/details/gd66-12-01.sbd.ladner.8575.sbeok.shnf

CD #1Possibly 2/12/66 - 7"reel 1/2 track at 7.5 IPS:
Viola Lee Blues Don't Ease Me In Tastebud
"Longshoreman's Hall 1st Night" - 7" Reel 1/2 Track @ 15IPS:
Beat It On Down The Line Schoolgirl>You Don't Love Me>Schoolgirl (original reel cuts)
Unlabeled Reel:
Pigpen Raps Billy, Bobby, and Pigpen>New Orleans (sort of an attempt)Twist and Shout
CD #2"Longshoreman's Hall 3rd Night" - 10" Reel 1/2 Track @ 15IPS:
It's A Sin Viola Lee Blues Midnight Hour Beat It On Down The Line Blues Jam (with Jorma and Jack) Note: reel runs out before the end
Pauley Ballroom #2 (no date) - 10" Reel 1/2 Track @ 15IPS:
You Don't Have To Ask - Phil Talks About The Move To L.A. Viola Lee Blues (some static at start of song) I Know You Rider Midnight Hour (plug pulled)

Grateful Dead ??/??/66, venue unknown
1. GDH Intro2. SHE'S ON THE ROAD AGAIN 3. NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME 4. I KNOW YOU RIDER 5. HEY LITTLE ONE 6. COLD RAIN AND SNOW 7. KING BEE-> 8. CAUTION 9. STEALIN'

Grateful Dead
xx/xx66Unknown VenueUnknown Location
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl>You Don't Love Me>Good Morning Little Schoolgirl

If you are interested in getting any of these show, just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment