Friday, November 6, 2009

Day Three: Steering into Uncharted Waters

It just seems right to head to the front of the hard drive and see what goodies lay in wait. The first show is from Pink Floyd. When I was in my formative years, I had a LP of Dark Side of the Moon that was a pressing from the Original Master Recording. I made a copy of it on tape, and I would listen to it every night before going to bed for 2 years. The second is from the band Rush. Yes, I like Rush. I turned onto the album 21112 when I was in high school. If you have seen the movie I love You, Man, you can understand how someone can be into so many things and still appreciate great music from north of the border. In my honest opinion, they belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. On second thought, I take that back, I was at the hall this past summer. It is actually lame compared with EMP in Seattle. That is what you get when you have real money backing the cause of rock and roll. http://www.empsfm.org/

Music for tonight:
Pink Floyd: Live at Empire Pool Wembly, London UK November 16, 1974
101 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-9) 102 - Raving and Drooling 103 - You Gotta Be Crazy 201 - Speak To Me 202 - Breathe 203 - On The Run 204 - Time-Breathe (Reprise) 205 - The Great Gig In The Sky 206 - Money 207 - Us And Them 208 - Any Colour You Like 209 - Brain Damage 210 - Eclipse 211 - Echoes (Encore)

Rush - Niagara Falls Revisited May 10, 1978 Location: Convention Center, Niagara Falls, New York, USA
DISC 1:
01 - Bastille Day 02 - Lakeside Park 03 -Bytor And The Snowdog 04 - Xanadu 05 - A Farewell To Kings 06 - Something For Nothing 07 - Cygnus X-1
DISC 2:
01 - Anthem 02 - Closer To The Heart 03 - 2112 04 - Working Man Medley / Drum Solo 05 - Cinderella Man

The Angel Band w/David Bromberg Museum @ Bethel Woods Bethel, NY September 6, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment