Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day Four: Late Night Listening Party

I needed to get out into the land of the living today. I took my daughter and her half-brother to see the new Disney flick A Christmas Carol. We saw it in 3-D at an IMAX theater. Let me be the first to tell you all that this is not your sugar-coated fare that we usually get from Disney. It is feast for the eyes, and the story, though stretched at points, is frightening at its core. I heard the crys and sreams of little kids in the audience that were scared stupid by this masterpiece. Look for this movie to garner some big time awards come next year.

Late night listening is:

THE BLACK CROWES,08-30-2008,MN State Fair Grandstand,St. Paul, MN
Recorded by Mike Mahoney (mpmgumby AT msn.com)Sennheiser e 614’s > Marantz PMD660 (Oade Mod)Wavelab 5.0 He had trouble getting a setlist maintained, so it is not included.

BOB DYLAN
"The Freewheelin' Outtakes" (liberated Vigotone bootleg)
Source: Freewheelin' Sessions NYC April-November 1962
Dave's notes: an essential collection of early outtakes. Great sound. even the casual fan needs this one! artwork included.
my silver>EAC>WAV>TLH>FLAC (level 6)>torrent wizard>you
setlist:
1. Baby Please Don't Go 2. Corrina Corrina 3. The Death Of Emmett Till 4. Mixed Up Confusion 5. Lonesome Whistle (H.Williams/J.Davies) 6. Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues 7. Milk Cow's Calf's Blues I (Robert Johnson) 8. That's Alright Mama (A. Crudup) 9. Rocks And Gravel 10. Going To New Orleans (Trad) 11. Let Me Die In My Footsteps 12. The Ballad Of Hollis Brown 13. Wichita Blues (Going to Louisiana) I (Trad) 14. Sally Gal15. Whatcha Gonna Do
Bonus Alternate takes: 16. Mixed Up Confusion 17. Rocks And Gravel 18. That's Alright Mama (A. Crudup) 19. Mixed Up Confusion 20. Corrina Corrina 21. Milk Cow's Calf's Blues II (Robert Johnson) 22. Wichita Blues (Going to Louisiana) II (Trad) 23. Whatcha Gonna Do 24. Baby I'm In The Mood For You 25. Sally Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment