Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art for Art's Sake

Tonight, I took in an art show at a local school.  A friend had some of her art on display for the show.  I must say that it was very good. I have a good eye for art.  I do very well when it comes to photography, but I can't draw a lick.  The sensibilities of an artist must be fostered if they are to florish in the skills of the art.  The place where she is studying is the best of all possibilities. The school has programs for visual, drama, and music.  I only wish I could have gone to such a school like that when I was young.  I wanted to be an actor, but I had too many problems that derailed the dream.  I could be like Grandma Moses of the photography set, or yet write the ultimate story that gets turned into a play or movie.  Who knows what might happen?  One can still dream the dream before the sun sets.
With this, I offer the song "Artists Only" by The Talking Heads.
Music for today:

Grateful Dead
June 26, 1973
Seattle Center Arena
Seattle, WA
listen here

Grateful Dead
June 29, 1973
Universal Amphitheater
Universal City, CA
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment