Friday, February 19, 2010

Workingman's Blues

I am doing a long stretch of work in a row.  This is a good thing in a weird way.  I have yet to make it to my first 90 day review, and they are already asking me to work extra shifts.  It is either because I am doing a good job or because thay can't find anyone else to fill the slots.  Either way, it means more more pay in my pocket and more exercise for my frame.  I am getting along with the ever-shifting managers except for one.  This my thorn in my side.  I just want to do a good job, but they have other goals in mind.  Our styles are clashing.  I am glad it is only the one that I struggle.  Somehow, this manager's mindset reminds me of what it was like when I grew up as a kid.  My father and I didn't have the best relationship because of my reluctance to conform to his ideals.  I fought it as if my life depending on it.  I realize now that I was taking things way out of context.  As I have gotten older, we see more eye to eye on many subjects.  This song by Cat Stevens seems to fit when I was younger: "Father and Son."

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
June 30, 1973
Universal Amphitheater
Universal City, Ca
listen here

Furthur
September 18, 2009
Fox Theater
Oakland, CA
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment