Sunday, February 14, 2010

St. Valentine's Day

Today is the day of love and romance for all the couples out there.  I would like to say that I have been single so long that I'm afraid I am an old maid of sorts.)  Just recently, the coals of my cold, cold heart have started to be flamed by the friendliness of some young women.  This is strange since I did nothing to encourage the advances.  I usually happens this way.  It is like the old song, "Man Smart, Woman Smarter."  I say that I am a romantic at heart.  Here are a couple of great songs for the holiday. "Something So Right" by Paul Simon.  The next is "If I Had The Wold To Give" by the Grateful Dead.  The next song is "Believe It Or Not" by the Grateful Dead (sorry for the quality of the video).  Here is a link to the lyrics.  I think that's enough.  If it weren't for these feelings, this holiday could have taken a darker tone.  Where love is concerned, hope springs eternal even in these dark days of winter.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
April 2, 1973
Boston Garden
Boston, MA
listen here

Grateful Dead
May 13, 1973
State Fairgrounds
Des Moines, IA
listen here
When I was about 10 years old, our local tv station ran footage of this show.  The reasoning behind this making such news was the size of the crowd. This was my first exposure to the Grateful Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment