Friday, January 22, 2010

Gifts Given

I was asked to change my blog by a friend to include the "best songs" by the Grateful Dead.  As a rule,surveys and "best of" are usally avoided like the plague by me.  I hate to pigeon-hole anything, but I like what I like. I don't have to telll anyone, because it's not like it will change thier mind or anything.  Besides, the fact that you like something is just fine with me, just don't wave it in my face.  So, I decided to give this friend a gift for their birthday.  It is is not the best songs, but the best tour the Grateful Dead ever did.  It is the whole Europe 1972 tour.  It is like looking at a planet and forgetting the galaxy.  I aslo sent out other shows to friends that are new to collecting.  I believe they will be happy with what I sent.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
October 18, 1972
Fox Theatre
St. Louis, MO
listen here

Grateful Dead
October 19, 1972
Fox Theatre
St. Louis, MO
listen here

I have to say that listening to this run of St. Louis shows was a complete surprise to me.  What a great run of shows.  Disc 2 of 10/18/72 has China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider, Playing>Drums> Dark Star> Morning Dew> Playin.  Can you ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment