Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Medical News & A Slew of Birthday Wishes

I awoke this morning in the middle of a dream without my alarm going off.  My schedule is such that I get up early in the morning to go to my job.  I was able to do so without a hitch.  In fact, there was a reason for this strange occurance to happen. I saw a news article on a local broadcast that indicated that if you listen to music for twenty minutes a day your blood pressure will lower by a few points.  I have been doing that for years.  Considering my weight, I am very grateful that blood pressure has not been a problem at all.

I happened to see that today is Slim Whitman's 86 birthday today.  If you are not familar with his work, he took yodeling to a whole new level.  Here is an example his gift at work: "Indian Love Call."  Today had such a strange mix of people from a large range of bands that I just couldn't ignore it.  The next birthday Eric Stewart, age 65, singer from 10cc: "The Things We Do For Love."  The next is George Grantham, age 63, the drummer from Poco: "Crazy Eyes."  The next is Paul Stanley, age 58, the guitarist from Kiss: "Detroit Rock City."  Up next is Ian Hill, age 58, the bassist from Judas Priest: "Living After Midnight."  The next contestant is Greg K., age 45, bassist from The Offspring: "Come Out And Play (Keep 'Em Seperated)."  The last is by far the best of the bunch.  It is Edwin McCain, age 40, who is the singer of this wonderful song: "I'll Be."  This maybe cheesy, but this is a local favorite (to the Twin Cities crowd) in wishing happy birthday from Casey Jones.

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
September 30, 1972
American University
Washington D. C.
listen here
I happened to meet a woman a few years ago that was at this concert.  I asked her about it, but she said that she had done so many drugs that she didn't recall much about it.  I did give her a copy of it. She was very thankful to hear what she might have missed.

Grateful Dead
October 2, 1972
Civic Center
Springfield, MA
listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment