Saturday, January 23, 2010

Boy,and I Thought I Had It Bad....

Nine years ago on a locked unit, I had the privledge of hearing a phrase that I had said many times about others in worse off conditions.  I had a roommate that had been transferred from the ICU unit to our happy little home after an unsuccessful attempt on his life. The moment he started to feel better, we started to share our stories.  I told him mine, and he told me his.  After a while, he came up to me and said, "Boy, I thought I had it bad."  That statement truly opened my eyes as to how I was.  I didn't realize at that point that my life had come to such a low point. 

I say that now in relation to current events going on around the world and in my own life.  I hadn't said anything about Haiti or any other crisis that has overcome our world because of the political ramifications that it might raise.   It is time to help them and strengthen our cause for humanity.  I often give without saying anythng thing about it.  It is not right to do that.  It takes away from why you are giving in the first place.  I have to have my heart in the right place before I give.  It only makes sense.

I am off to see music with a friend today.  We are going to see Motion City Soundtrack.  They actually got their start here in Minneapolis.  We will see them at the world famous First Ave (made famous from the Prince flick "Purple Rain")

Music for today:

Grateful Dead
October 23, 1972
Performing Arts Center
Milwaukee, WI
listen here
Warning!  This is a poor audience recording.  The sound is really terrible.  Listen at your own peril.  You've been warned. The Horror! The Horror!

No comments:

Post a Comment